I made a list of things that I wanted to do
1. go to the Distribution Center buy church stuff
2. go to Hot Dog on a Stick buy a cheese on a stick maybe two.
3. go to Leslie's bakery buy rum cake get one to take home for mom
4. go to D.I. buy BYU and U of U shirts for the kids.
5. go to my high school Olympus and visit with Pat Bullough the pottery teacher and old friend.
6. have lunch with cousin Jen.
6. have lunch with cousin Jen.
7. meet up with BYU student Miki my niece.
8. visit Tami my Utah mom.
9. go to the 24th ward for church visit old friends.
10. eat at Cafe Rio.
I flew out on Dec. 4th. My dad and brother in law Tim and I all went to the airport together we all had flights about the same time.
I arrived in Salt Lake City , Utah at 10:30am I called Deid and she was out the door waiting for me.
We hugged and said our hellos and off to the first on my list. At the same time we hit two birds with one stone.( I know it is kill two birds with one stone but that is not nice) We met my dear friend and mission companion Holly (Davis) Larsen at the Distribution Center. We chatted and shopped and just spent time together. Holly was going to AZ. for a couple of days so that was going to be the only time we had to see each other. I am glad we got to see her. Thanks Holly I like the sprite in you.
Then we went passed my old house on 23rd east. I did not recognize it at all. Deidre had to point it out. There were a lot of fences that were not there when I lived there. Oh and the house that was built in front of it.
We ate lunch at the Training Table. Oh what do I say oh YUM!
We went to Deidre's house to see the other three kids when they got home from school. We hung out, talked and ate and then went to bed at about 11 or so.
Morning came very early for me I could not sleep past 5am. I called my nephew Gabe to sing him happy birthday. He turned 3 on Dec. 5th.
We got up and ready for the day and then we were off to have the best shopping experience every at The D.I. I was in heaven. I found U of U and BYU shirts I know I don't be lieve in picking sides. I found an Olympus high school football uniform for Kassidy. She wears it often.
We got up and ready for the day and then we were off to have the best shopping experience every at The D.I. I was in heaven. I found U of U and BYU shirts I know I don't be lieve in picking sides. I found an Olympus high school football uniform for Kassidy. She wears it often.
I got some other things and then we were off to meet my cuzz Jen at the Cafe Rio. Soo good. It was so nice to visit with Jen.

Saturday Deidre and I met up with Pat at Stella's for an early lunch. We talked for 2 1/2 hours. The food and environment was great. Three good friends. I have known both of them for 23 years.
We then met Miki in the Fashion Place Mall at Hot Dog on a stick.
I tried the pepper jack on a stick. I still like the original one in fact I ate two. Only because I never know when I will get back there.
Leslie's Bakery is in Holiday, Utah on Holiday blvd. On the left where it Ys to 23rd east going north.
Don't those look so yummy. Well there are. I bought eight of them. I gave one to Deid. I almost left them at her house. That would have been bad.
This is my cute niece Miki. She is the oldest grandchild. She is at BYU.
We hung out at Deid's mom Dotty's house while she went with hubby Jared to his work party. We made salt water taffy with the kids. Then Miki drove back to Provo.
Sunday I got up packed and went to the 24th ward for church. I saw a lot of wonderful people that I knew while I lived there. We lived there from 1981 to 1990. Then we moved to North Carolina
Sunday I got up packed and went to the 24th ward for church. I saw a lot of wonderful people that I knew while I lived there. We lived there from 1981 to 1990. Then we moved to North Carolina
It was so nice to visit with such good friends.
Tami came to pick me up and we went to her house for lunch. Her husband Robbert made it. Wow he is a keeper. The food was great. We chatted a bit and caught up with the news. I started to babysit Tami's boys when I was twelve and her oldest Zach was four months old.
Then Josh came along then Powell was born when I was 18. Colton was born when I was on my mission. Then I moved to Utah and lived with them for eight months. Dec. 11, 2004 Zach was killed on his mountain while skiing. I was not able to travel I was on bed rest with Davis. The last time I was in Utah was for Zach's farewell for his mission in 2000.
Tami and I both have loss our oldest child. We don't need to say much we know how we both feel. Here is a picture of Tami, me, Josh, and Colton after dinner.Then Josh came along then Powell was born when I was 18. Colton was born when I was on my mission. Then I moved to Utah and lived with them for eight months. Dec. 11, 2004 Zach was killed on his mountain while skiing. I was not able to travel I was on bed rest with Davis. The last time I was in Utah was for Zach's farewell for his mission in 2000.
No comments:
Post a Comment